Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We open when?

Well, last night we got to work Act I. And by work, I mean that Jon and I stumbled through it a few times while Shawn decided it would be a good time to actually start giving us new things to think about. We're at the point in rehearsals where we should be starting to play and try some new things, so that's good. I just usually need a little more time to completely change what I've gotten used to doing, so last night was weird for me. It'll be fine, though. I still think we're going in a good direction.

Tonight we get to work with Craig in the Saul scenes. Craig is a frigging brilliant actor, so it's always good to share the stage with him. He certainly keeps us on our toes. He also makes us laugh our asses off. We're all supposed to be off book for these scenes tonight, we'll see how that works out for us...

Last night was also the first of those times when we occasionally get the giggles in a scene. I was delivering some lines very close to Jon's face, when I apparently spit, just a little, into his mouth. Although I'm sure he secretly loved it, he proceeded to start cracking up. The next time we ran the scene, of course, that's all I could think about and we had to stop and start a few times to get back on track. It was kind of a mess last night, looking back on it. Typical Monday night rehearsal I guess. We'll have fun tonight I'm sure...

Buy your tickets, people! www.truewestokc.com

Love and toast,
BD

No comments:

Post a Comment