Wednesday, March 4, 2009

We might even let you hit the ball a few times...

So last night Jon and I worked some more Act I stuff, and I think it went better than the night before. Each time we run these scenes, things kind of accidentally happen, some work and some don't. Once we really know the lines and are pretty solid with the script, I'm sure more stuff will emerge.

However, we also worked the Saul scenes. Saul is played by one of the city's most talented actors, Craig Pruitt. We ran the scene once, and then Shawn had us try something that involved Saul being gay and Lee trying to "flirt" with Saul. It was actually a lot of fun, and a few things were revealed that all of us will find helpful. Not that Saul is going to be a gay character, but the exercise helped us each recognize some objectives and some paths to our objectives, I think. Plus Craig was funny as hell.

Tonight, the mom scene, also known as the complete destruction of the set once Jon and I choreograph our fight. Just know that at the end of this show, Jon and I will be completely exhausted and ready for you, our dear audience, to take us out for alcoholic beverages...

Buy your tickets, people! www.truewestokc.com

Love and toast, 
BD

No comments:

Post a Comment