Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Set-Building,Fried Pork Fat, and the top of the roller coaster....

With a little less than two weeks left the TRUE WEST cast and crew are working their bums off to provide a great theatre experience...without anyone losing an eye.

Friday night was the horror of a full run off book. I t went well! A lot of it Sheppard didn't write...but one would get the since that an actual show was happening.
After the show we went to the Lobby bar and drank and cried and Brent showed up. After the crying had started, but I'm sure he didn't help ;)

Saturday-between 3 guys 10 bags of pork rinds we eaten in a 10 hour period. I'm glad we are getting a sponsor to cover the rest of our addiction.

Speaking of sponsors...Barrett tells us that are really cool local brewer-COOP ALE- will be sponsoring some beer for the cast and crew AND an opening night party! For a show in a shack-we are getting some hella' great perk (i.e. press, sponsors, etc.)

The set looks great thanks to the talents of Brent, Leyva, and Barrett. I helped where I could and Shawn made sure I wasn't eating glue or air-gunning my hand to the set.

Last night we ran act one-We left the plateau ladies and germs. It was great, comfortable and sexy. Ok, 2 outta three and you can pick which ones. We are in a really good place..for ACT I.

ACT II will prove to be the bear, but we are devoting the next 2 night to her alone. I think if we can keep the focus in the rehearsal we will knock out ACT II.

We will be drinking green beer before and during the rehearsal to loosen us up a tad, here’s to luck!

1 comment:

  1. we haven't gotten coop fully on board just yet. hopefully they can help us out, but nothing is confirmed yet.

    ReplyDelete