Friday, March 13, 2009

"crunch time..."

So,
Last night was a sobering experience...especially for me.
Cynthia Heimel -“When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.

I am the first to run into this burning building, however for the first time in a long time I feel scarily self conscience about my abilities on stage. Maybe it was last night, and the stress of the day gig that fed this fear, or other peripheral slings-no the less...I do feel my peers on stage excelling past me, and it is sobering.

Don't get me wrong, the environment is a playful one where you can be a theatre-jock ( a hybrid title that I think Barrett would love to have screen printed on a letter jacket) or an artsy douche ( I already have the hand bag) or anything in between. There is a mild amount of criticism in our space and feel that it is good. That isn't the reason, I think it may be...stage fright? This makes it hard to focus.
I felt like I was a dungeon master of a drinking game-every time Haque says "line" -drink.

Whatever it is, it seems to have been a one night kinda' thing. Whoever said this stuff is easy-they suck and you should kick'em.

I do think last night was a very important rehearsal, it marks a point where we should be and a point where we are not. The great news is we have time to meet this point and keep climbing higher. Chances of this show being decent to awesome: 80% and we have 2 and half weeks to make it better.

Again, this is just me...not reflective of anybody else.

Good News-
Tickets are selling well! over half full.
We have found 4 (count'em) 4 folks to tech the show
and props were hauled in by Mama Caprise, complete in Alaska wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment