Friday, February 27, 2009

Off book...or not?

Last night was our first runthrough off-book, meaning the cast had to know all their lines for at least Act I. It actually went pretty well, considering that some of these scenes hadn't been worked in several days. At the end of the runthrough, the set was pretty much drenched in beer, thanks to Jon's method acting performance that involves, apparently, waving open, full beer cans all around the set.

I think we're all just starting to get a feel for what we're doing, though, which is fun. We surprise each other sometimes, and ourselves, with some of the stuff that's happening on stage. We all have a lot of work to do, still, to really do the work justice, but I think each of us realizes that. It's a lot of fun playing with other actors you can trust. Except Jon. I don't trust that sonuvabitch any further than I can pee.

So tonight we're painting the floors after rehearsal. As usual, I will supervise Craig and Jon while they paint. Shawn will stand in the back, drinking his Pabst. And tomorrow Jon and I will hopefully choreograph the big fight scene. No swords, sorry!

Make sure and buy your tickets now. I'm not kidding when I say seating is limited.

www.truewestokc.com

Love and toast,
BD

No comments:

Post a Comment