Thursday, February 26, 2009

Note from the Actors

29 days left on the calendar….

Last night marked (by my math, but I’m not really good at math-that’s why I’m an actor) t-minus 30 calendar days until the open of this TRUE WEST. Our wonderful Anne stopped by, and started to remind us about ALL the P.R.-TwitteringTweeting-FacebookProfiling and other other media fun. Before Anne showed up, Abby (our loverly stage manager) was the only person at rehearsal that technically should have had breasts. Historically, the three gents in the show have always been hearty men that love women, and all the no no parts that they posses. However, something strange always happens when Shawn and Barrett and Jon(me) get together…we start pho-homo advances toward each other. This makes poor Abby cringe, Abby is a visual person-considering she is a brilliant photographer. This pattern of rehearsing intense scenes of love and betrayal, then awkward man-love kept us fairly entertained until the sobering news that Anne brought-PEOPLE ARE COMING TO THIS THING.

INSIDE JOKE…WAY INSIDE

Anne does not know that I have a propensity of obliterating props. It is so bad that in some theatres around town I have become a verb- v. to HAQUE something is to break it. Shawn and Abby had made mention that they should buy back-up props cause I break things. I’m sure I sounded like an emotionly unstable bull. This prompts Anne to ask quiet seriously…”are you doin’ ok?” .“Ya, why?” I say. I’ve been noticing some strange Facebook posts and pics posted in the hospital and then you just stopped Facebooking. “I got a colonoscopy and then I got busy…IT’S NOT A CRY FOR HELP!”. Laughing followed, I think Anne and I are closer friends because of my ass.


-Jon Haque

No comments:

Post a Comment