Friday, February 27, 2009

28 days to go.....

A long and inspired night. No, this is not a smut blog.

A bunch of really good things happened last night. We ran ACTI off book, well most of it-we hit some snags, which is to be expected. We also ran ACTII on book with some great moments starting to happen.

The boys had a real problem with GAS for some reason, I blame the burger I had at lunch-I saw Barrett eating fried pork fat. Thank God Abby wasn't there.(She had a la-di-da French thing or some "better than us " crap to do that night, we will get her back!).

The work on stage is getting easier! The mood is, from my vantage, pretty good. People are trying new things, Barrett is starting to freak me out cause he is starting to be brilliant on stage and Craig is a freakin' slimy producer!I think people are gonna have a great time just watching those two. My suck ass is really gonna haffta work!We have time to really put some good work to the piece, which is a luxury!

The actual production stuff is where the real "uggggg" is found thus far. Not that folks are not passionately devoted to this project, we are just having to deal with it. I have mentor that runs one of the theaters in town and he always told me to "hug the monster", don't let the big stuff scare ya, tackle it!! I'm not worried in the least bit.However if any one knows where we can lay our hands on some DISPOSABLE TYPEWRITERS.......

Painting Round 2 of 3 is happening tonight. Barrett will more than likely watch(even though I know he can freakin' paint like a madman).

P.S. I hear tickets are selling like crazy...which rocks!! If those of you who wish to see this beerfest have not nick'd tickets...you should soon!

3 comments:

  1. I only paint like a madmen in extreme circumstances. Please don't spread that around or I'll have to do more of that stuff yer doin', that set construction, whatever ya call it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still working on the typewriters.

    You are doing great Jon. Some really funny stuff.

    Barrett reminds me of a big brooding bear.

    I saw some stuff last night that was top notch. Lots of flashes of brilliance. I think it is gonna make some folks a little uneasy seeing that kind of stuff unfold in such an intimate setting. Which is exactly the way it should be.

    Gonna be a hell of a ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big brooding bear? I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

    ReplyDelete